Monday

No Wage Increase for the year 2009 - GB Oils/DCC Energy

Dear Diane



No Wage Increase for the year 2009 - GB Oils/DCC Energy



I acknowledge receipt of your communication of the 7th January which was both very concerning and disappointing to say the least. The communication that you have sent me clearly provides total confusion on the type of offer that would be applied to our members for the year 2010. It seems to imply that our members could get 3% but then again it could mean no more than some employees would get 3%, again providing total confusion.



Unfortunately, I am receiving a tremendous amount of disappointment from our Union Shop Stewards up and down the country, including that of Ireland, with reference to the Company’s decision for last year. May I equally take this professional opportunity to remind the Company that it clearly has in place quite a number of current bargaining arrangements where the Union reserves its right to submit a claim and for the Company to respond to that claim.



Again, I am receiving a tremendous amount of discontentment coming through to my office from our stewards and members and are being encouraged to consult our membership with regard to the Company’s position and quite frankly the manner in which it is conducting its business with the Trade Union. It is indeed extremely unfortunate when you consider that I personally believe that the Trade Union has been involved in constructive discussions with you on the question of clarifying and improving the bargaining arrangements which would in turn undoubtedly improve relationships and industrial relations going forward.



Therefore it is indeed disappointing that I find it necessary, but nevertheless extremely important, to now write to you on my members’ concern. I can assure you that in no way or manner am I overplaying the amount of emotion that is coming forward from your workforce through to my Union representatives. I believe that it would be short-sighted of the Company to underestimate both this emotion and concern and therefore felt at this stage it was appropriate to write to you on these fundamental issues.



I will be meeting my shop stewards shortly on these matters of where I am being encouraged by our shop stewards to respond in a positive fashion to the Company’s current position.



However, I would welcome any views by you that may find solutions to this or indeed would assist any process in going forward.



Yours sincerely

Ron Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment